WhatsApp Business App for small businesses
WhatsApp Business App for small businesses is finally launched. The New Year is filled with so much expectation and excitement. For us, at Ritan360 Technologies we look forward to a great 2018 for all our esteemed clients, prospects, followers and blog readers.
WhatsApp started the New Year with the launching of its WhatsApp Business App for small businesses.
People all around the world use WhatsApp to connect with small businesses they care about — In Nigeria today, WhatsApp is one of the most used tools for business communication. Although the original idea of the application was for effective communication among people, so that has prompted the development of a business version of WhatsApp to improve the business experience. For example, by making it easier for businesses to respond to customers, separating customer and personal messages, and creating an official presence.
On Friday, WhatsApp officially launched its WhatsApp Business app, a separate application that will allow startups and small businesses to connect with their customers. A plan to introduce a tool specifically for small companies was first announced in September last year by the company.
The new WhatsApp tool will enable companies to respond to their customers in a timely manner or provide “away” messages to inform patrons that they are busy. Aside from that, the app will also allow businesses to review simple metrics like the number of sent messages that have been read by their customers.
Regular WhatsApp users don’t have to download the app, and can just use their personal accounts to communicate with companies. The only difference now is that WhatsApp users will know that they are being contacted by a company since a WhatsApp Business app user will be listed as a business account holder.
Here are some of the features of this new messaging tool.
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
For now, the app is free to download in Google Play in selected countries only, including the United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Indonesia, and Italy, Nigeria has not been included yet. According to the official press release on WhatsApp blog, the app will be rolling out around the world in the coming weeks. This is just the beginning!